About Me

MD, United States
Bienvenidos and welcome to my blog! :) Join me as I journey through dating, dissertation, and househunting, along with whatever else may come my way. As every story has a villain, allow me to also introduce to you Sapphire (my mother's cat and arch-nemesis) and speed-cameras. I hope you enjoy.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year!

So this is why we are friends.  New Years Eve consisted of us making cupcakes...


While Senica worked on his creations,
And because the inventory in Egypt varies, you have to get what they have, so our cupcakes were chocolate cake with lemon icing. 


After finishing our interesting cupcakes and cheering in the New Year, we walked to the center of the city to see what people were doing to celebrate.  Did I mention my friend is a community psychologist?
Interestingly enough, it was just as it is at home.  Lovebirds cuddled up on mopeds, little kids setting off firecrackers, and.....



Most people at home, bringing in the New Year with friends and family.  Happy New Year from Cairo! 



No comments:

Post a Comment